The Gladiator Times

The Student News Site of Gilbert High School

Breaking News
  • April 26Have a Great Weekend!

The Gladiator Times

The Gladiator Times

Polls

Has your life been impacted in any way by smoking?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

OCTA Bus Route 46 Schedule Changed Thanks to Gilbert Students

Vice Chairman Chaffee, OCTA, Collaborates with Gilbert High School Students to Address Bus Route 46 Concerns
Civic Engagement Forum meets

On January 18,2024 the Vice Chairman Doug Chaffee, in partnership with the Orange Country transportation authority (OCTA) attended a civic engagement forum at Gilbert High School to address student rider concerns and announce a temporary service change to OCTA bus route 46 on Euclid Street and Ball Road effective January 17, 2024.

The decision to change the service of the bus route46 was taken in consideration after 45 Gilbert High School student sent an email petition in December of 2023 and advocated from the change, Gilbert High School dismissed students at 2:22 p.m. and Bus route 46 arrived at 2:19 p.m.which caused student riders to wait an additional 30-40 minutes for the next bus to arrive. At the civic engagment forum students expressed how the bus route 46 schedule caused negative impacts such as being late to work shifts and extracurricular activities after school.

In that case we ‘d like to infrom all of Gilbert High School student  that the BUS 46 is now scheduled to arrive at 2:39. For those are efforts to  work on the bus schedule. A big thank you to all he Gilberts High School student who contributed to making this happen – you know who you are! Always remember that YOUR VOICE HAS POWER, so USE IT.