The Gladiator Times

The Student News Site of Gilbert High School

Breaking News
  • April 26Have a Great Weekend!

The Gladiator Times

The Gladiator Times

Polls

Has your life been impacted in any way by smoking?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Flag Football Travels for Game 3

Two Games and 1-1, Today is First Away Game
Ms. Frese
During a timeout Flag Football team gets helped out by Oquendo

Gilbert High School (GHS) had their first flag football game on September 13 2023 during lunch and continued into 4th period.  Gladiators were competing against students from La Vista High School.

GHS coaches include our coaches names is Mrs. O.G., Monse, Ms.Cam, and also Mr. Alfredo Oquendo. The team understanding the rules of the game which includes,  how to pull a flag, various plays, sportsmanship, facts of game time. The games starts usually  at 11:48 they have a 20 min halves on the a halftime and get back on the field for the rest 20 mins they have.

GHS prioritized attendance, academic growth, checking weekly to see if they are improving step by step. These factors determine if a student will be able to play.

Don’t give up!

— Angel Hernandez

The first game ended in a loss to La Vista, but the Gladiators were determined to bounce back. Angel Hernandez said it best when he declared to his team, “Don’t give up!”

Ms. Cam added, “The sports program is growing in size, respect, grades, and effort every single week.”  The Coaches and players seem very happy to be part of the Flag Football program.