The Gladiator Times

The Student News Site of Gilbert High School

Breaking News
  • April 26Have a Great Weekend!

The Gladiator Times

The Gladiator Times

Polls

Has your life been impacted in any way by smoking?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Becoming an Entrepreneur at 14

My name is Cindy and i started my own business at 14.

Growing up i’ve always love doing makeup, I would always steal my mom’s makeup and play around with it. When i turned 11 i started wearing makeup and it just made me feel pretty. Throughout the years i worked my way with makeup and started using more and more. When i turned 14 i started getting into eyeshadow, One time i decided to post my eye look and everyone started texting me saying how much they loved it and if i can do their makeup. I was surprised because as my first time doing my eyeshadow so many people liked it.

I always knew makeup was my passion, I finally decided to make myself a page and i promoted it and i had so much support from my friends and parents. I started to get clients and i was nervous to receive them  because they were booking me for actually events and i didn’t want to mess up, at the end of my makeup sessions they always loved their makeup but i always thought i myself that i could’ve do better. I started saving up my money i would get from doing makeup and i was able to pay things off for my parents, myself and anything i needed.

When i turned 17 i decided to start a new business! it took me a while to papare. after a new year on February I started doing chocolate covered strawberries and more treats. my friends and family were the first people to order from me, I made my instagram page and i started getting following really fast and people were promoting me and i started to get my orders and my reviews are so good! People love my treats. Sometimes i could get stressed out because they don’t always come out good and i have to restart but i’ve never giving up.

It’s been 4 years since i started doing makeup and 1 month since i started making treated! I’m proud of myself for being able to have 2 businesses at a young age and making my own money too. Anything is possible and don’t give up on what you love!