The Gladiator Times

The Student News Site of Gilbert High School

Breaking News
  • May 2Students, need help catching up on classes? Come to the library Monday to Thursday before and after school for tutoring
  • May 1Nominations for this year's Prom King & Queen have begun. Check your student Gmail for your nomination form

The Gladiator Times

The Gladiator Times

Polls

Has your life been impacted in any way by smoking?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It’s Club Rush Time!

A Week Of Club Rush
JayD
Students Signing up For Clubs

It’s time for Club Rush week. Tuesday, August 22, 2023 was a great start for Gilbert’s first club rush of the year. There were many clubs to choose from, such as Anime club, Girls club, Sports club, to Heart and Souls to ASB sign ups. From the looks of it, many students were signing up, joining the clubs, and meeting new friends from it.

The club representatives were very welcoming to their new peers that were signing up. A new member of the Anime Club, who would like to remain anonymous, was telling me how welcoming and friendly the members were whilst they were signing up. They said, “They were really friendly and telling me about the club, but not to the point where they were convincing me to join which is pretty cool so I signed up right there and then.”

By the sound of it, there was no pressure to join any clubs, and this new student is going to have a lot of fun meeting new friends. if you didn’t sign up there is still time to join. Make sure you listen to the morning announcements for future club meetings so you can participate on campus in one or more of the exciting opportunities that clubs on our campus may offer.

Club meeting times that have been published are: Music Lab – meetings held in Room 12 during lunch on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays; Social Justice League – Tuesdays in Room 12 at lunch; Hearts and Souls (poetry, journalism, photo and creative writing) – meets Wednesdays in Room 12 at lunch; FNL meets Wednesdays at Lunch in Room 3.

View Comments (1)