The Gladiator Times

The Student News Site of Gilbert High School

Breaking News
  • April 26Have a Great Weekend!

The Gladiator Times

The Gladiator Times

Polls

Has your life been impacted in any way by smoking?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Everything Comes With Consequences

Gilbert is a Story and You’re in It

We’re here at Gilbert because we didn’t have enough credits to graduate and at some point were failing at our home school. What many students at Gilbert had in common was low attendance, few credits or poor mental health.

As a consequence for us, we had to go to Gilbert to make up for our failing classes, but it’s another opportunity to try again. Around every two months we have a new semester, and what comes with a new semester is new classes so we can get our credits up faster than a regular high school. The whole school year here at Gilbert is basically 100 credits, and that’s if you pass your classes and you’re doing well.

What students find different here at Gilbert is the environment, some students find it more peaceful here than their actual home school. What is different here is students said that the classrooms have less people than an actual class in their home school so they feel less stressed and have less social anxiety. Some say they’re actually doing better because they know what motivates them, and know they’re doing good because they’re passing their classes. Some students also said that they started focusing on themselves and started doing self care.

Students said that what helped them is listening to music, sleeping more (getting more rest), getting active, chilling with friends, actually getting work done, fewer students makes it more comfortable and getting sent to Gilbert was an eye-opener to many.