Gilbert Students Participate in CTE Pathway Business Program this Year

Gen Staff, Staff Writers

This year, several Gilbert students were invited to participate in a career pathway program that required their class schedules to include business math, business design academy, English, and graphic design.

This program is designed to bring together the arts and core curriculum using a hands on approach to learning while building college and career ready skills for the world beyond high school. Students graduate with a portfolio in business and design along with pathway certification and a step in the door to a two year or four year college, internships, or entry level job placement. The goal is to build a community of learners that serves their community using their heart, mind, soul, and talents.

Meet a few of these amazing students and learn about the business entrepreneurial projects they are creating and planning to pursue.

Bishop Marchian,  12th Grade

Bishop Marchian creates an original “Bike Shop”

Hello, my name is Bishop, and I am a student participating in the Business Career Pathway program at Gilbert High School.  My career goal is to have a successful business that will provide me with financial stability. My entrepreneurial idea is to name my business “Bishop’s Bike Shop” and the mission is to fix any bike that comes into the store with a problem. Right now, I am working on my five classes at Gilbert High School that i can benefit from in the future.

Maritza McKenna, 12th Grade 

Meet Maritza McKenna

Hello, my name is Maritza McKenna, and I am a student participating in the Business Career Pathway program at Gilbert High School. My career goal is to own my own photography business. My entrepreneurial idea is to name my business Maritza Isabel’s Photography.

And the mission is to help people create their stories through beautiful quality photos. Right now, I am working on getting camera accessories. 

Julian Bravo, 12th Grade

Julian Bravo – Creator of “Technonaut” (Julian Bravo)

Hi. I’m Julian. In this program I am working on a design portfolio and a business/ entrepreneurship portfolio.  My passions are video games, reading comic books and watching Sci-fi shows.  I also enjoy hiking, especially if there is a cave involved.  I work a lot and juggling school and work is challenging, but satisfying.

My project design is called “Technonaut”

After school I hope to become successful in the field of technology.  I also volunteer some of my time at home to help my family take care of their kids.  I am the middle child of four and I have two dogs. I live by these words, “In a world that is usually cruel why not be a glimmer of kindness.”

Eric Quijada, 11th Grade

In this program I am working on a design portfolio and a business/ entrepreneurship portfolio.  My passions are cooking, Photography, Sewing and designing.

I enjoy creating clothes and sewing damaged clothes because I get more knowledge and experience from it.  After school I hope to start my business.  When I am not studying or completing school work I enjoy going shopping/out .  I also volunteer time at babysitting.  I am the youngest of two sisters and one brother. I live by these words Proverbs 30: 8 and Psalms 8: 3 and 4

Juan Torres, 12th Grade

Hello, my name is Juan Torres , and I am a student participating in the Business Career Pathway program at Gilbert High School. My career goal is to open a machine shop. My entrepreneurial idea is to name my business JuJu’s Turbo, and the mission is to sell affordable performance parts.

Right now, I am working on analyzing car prices and performance prices.