Disney Student Career fair

Kayli Pinaire, Staff writer

On February 12th the Disney Resort in Anaheim held a career fair for students of age who are interested in pursuing a culinary career, not only was our school lucky enough to have 9 students attend, accompanied by Ms. Resch and Mr. Burnett, but we had two talented students who were chosen and hired on the spot. After being interviewed by Disney representatives students Brianna Gonzalez and Jose Guzman were chosen and invited to join the Disney culinary team as food and beverage stewards. According to Brianna she originally decided to attend the field trip in hopes of landing a job with Disney, even outside of the culinary field, but now that she has the position she’s hoping to continue on to rise in the ranks and fulfill her potential as a successful Disney team member.

The event was originally organized by Mr. Dechene, Gilbert High school’s ASB and senior english teacher. He was very happy for students to have such an opportunity saying, “This opportunity will prove to change the lives of not only the 2 students that were hired, but also provide invaluable interviewing skills for the others that participated.

Our school was invited to attend Disney Resort’s culinary career fair at the Disney Paradise Pier hotel through the AIME (Anaheim Innovative Mentoring Experience) program being put on by the Anaheim union High school District. The program connects students with work based learning programs with the programs partners, including Disney, Wells Fargo, Kaiser Permanente, Rolls-Royce HTC, and many more. They offer both internships and shadowing opportunities for Anaheim union high school district students to explore career fields as well as paid job opportunities such as those offered by Disney.