The Gladiator Times

The Student News Site of Gilbert High School

Breaking News
  • April 26Have a Great Weekend!

The Gladiator Times

The Gladiator Times

Polls

Has your life been impacted in any way by smoking?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Gilbert Lab

Supporting Students Who Work Independently
Students+in+the+Gilbert+Lab+work+on+earning+credit.+
Cindy Gomez
Students in the Gilbert Lab work on earning credit.

The Gilbert Lab teachers – Mr. Bonales, Mrs. Camarena, Ms. Lucy, and Mr. Nakayama – are celebrating a month of success in the lab. Here’s what they have to share:

Dear Gil Lab Community,

As we bid farewell to the month of August, it is with immense pride and joy that we reflect upon the outstanding achievements of The Gil Lab during this period. The dedication, resilience, and hard work of our students and educators have set the stage for an extraordinary academic year. Here’s a summary of our remarkable accomplishments:

Academic Excellence:
Our students have once again demonstrated their unwavering commitment to their own education. Collectively, they have completed a remarkable total of 160 credits, equivalent to successfully finishing 32 semester classes. This impressive academic progress showcases their determination to excel in their studies and their drive to obtain their High School Diploma.

Project Prowess:
In addition to their academic achievements, our students have been actively involved in hands-on projects, a hallmark of The Gil Lab’s approach to education – Student Voice and Choice. The completion of 90 projects during the month of August has earned The Gil Lab Students a cumulative total of 90 semester credits.  These projects are a testament to their creativity, problem-solving skills, and the practical knowledge they are gaining.

High School Graduation Milestone:
We are thrilled to announce that many of our students are well on their way to completing the 175 credits required for high school graduation and obtaining their diplomas. Their dedication and hard work have brought them closer to this significant milestone.

Celebrating Success:
In a special moment of pride, we are excited to introduce our first two Gil Lab graduates: Kimberly Paz Ortiz and Jason Sosa. They have exemplified the spirit of determination and excellence that defines The Gil Lab, and we applaud their hard-earned success. Their journey serves as an inspiration to all of us.

Supportive Community:
The Gil Lab community continues to be a nurturing and empowering space where students, educators, and families work together to foster academic growth and personal development. This sense of unity and collaboration is fundamental to our continued success.

Looking Forward:
With our students’ incredible achievements and the dedication of our educators, The Gil Lab is poised for an outstanding year ahead. We anticipate more successes, milestones, and graduations as we continue to empower our students to reach their full potential.

We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all members of The Gil Lab community for contributing to our collective success. Together, we are transforming lives through education.

As we move forward, let us carry this momentum with us and continue to provide unwavering support to our students as they strive towards their high school diplomas and brighter futures.

With pride and optimism.

View Comments (1)