Pro Life or Anti Choice? An Editorial on the Repeal of Roe Vs. Wade

Joshua Perea-Diaz, Staff Writer

On June 24th, 2022 Roe V. Wade was federally overturned which means that there is no longer a constitutional right for a woman to have an abortion. Conservatives lined the Supreme court rejoicing this decision, while many now fear for their livelihood. 

This was not a decision which was made based on morality, but rather a religious rhetoric. An operation which can mean the difference between life and death, should not be withheld by those without a uterus purely based on radical right wing ideology. Rather than pushing for progress, and more accessible health care the supreme court has decided on regressing decades of progress, now resembling that of the 1950’s. This is not a decision based on the morality of terminating a pregnancy but rather an attack on womenhood. 

Approximately 25-35% of Americans believe that abortion should be legal, while 10-15% believed that under any circumstances, it should not be permissible. 

“Nobody is hoping for an abortion, You aren’t pro-life, you’re anti choice.” George Carlin stated in 1978, yet this issue is just as if not more prominent in today’s society. 

While the morality of abortion may continue to be debated for the decades to come, it is simply fact that this will only cause abortions to be sought out under more dangerous circumstances rather than fade out of existence. While studies conducted stated roughly 62% of children put into the foster care system are adopted within the first month of birth, this still leaves 38% of children still untended to.

What do you have to say on this issue? Vote now!

This poll has ended.

What are your thoughts on the Supreme Court's June 24th 2022 Decision?


Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.