Club and Campus News For Quarter 4

Ashton Nieves, Staff Writer

This week on Thursday the Storytellers Club poets Laureate, and Martitza McKenna will be hosting a St. Patrick’s Day Limerick Slam outside at lunch time. All Students, Staff, and Faculty are invited to share their original writing. The Story Tellers club also meet most Thursdays in Room 12, Ms. Frese’s classroom to work on their upcoming book publication The Hearts and Souls of Gilbert High School which is a collection of different Student writing that will be consisting of Short Stories, Essays, Poems, Artwork, and Photography. They are planning to publish the book this Spring.

FNL have been spreading awareness on Drugs, Alcohol, and Mental Health by making posters and putting them around campus to show students. They also have some events planned for the Future such as a beach field trip, Casey’s Pledge, and a event based around Mental Health. The Art Department also did a very cool Color & Light Student Art Show on April 5th where they picked students artwork from all over the district to go to the Anaheim Convention Center to display their artwork. They also had a contest for students to have a chance at winning some money which is really cool hopefully the event went well.

ASB has been hard working this year and with Prom, Gradnite, and Graduation right around the corner I don’t doubt they are still working hard so that students can have a good time. Prom is on May 6th at the OC Mining Company the theme is Red Carpet Affair tickets prices vary depending on the time you buy them so go get them ASAP. Gradnite will be at Disneyland May 21 students will meet at the school and get a bus ride to and from Disneyland. Tickets will cost $225 go to room 29 or 33.5 to purchase your park hopper tickets. Seniors also make sure to pass all your classes this final quarter so that you can graduate because graduation is on may 24 at the Handel Stadium check your email for more information on the right attire to wear and how to buy/borrow Cap and Gown.