FNL Promotes Community Service Through Activities

Yoshi Ventura, Staff Writer

FNL is a club on Gilbert high school campus. FNL stands for Friday Night Live. It’s a statewide program for youth elementary school to college age. FNL provides opportunities for positive healthy youth development by engaging youth as active leaders and resources in their community.  

The research-based program encourages students to take responsibility by creating ways to prevent alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, and violence in students’ lives. 

Activities and community service projects that benefit their peers and communities include:

The FNL food drive-  FNL is sponsoring a food drive. They are doing this during 3rd period when you bring food for the food drive you should bring it to your 3rd period class. The winner of this food drive will get a free pizza party during 3rd period for the whole class. 

The motivation behind this is the hard data that 1 in 6  kids suffer from hunger and a food drive to fill up the Gilbert pantry can help a lot of families in need. This will hopefully get the number of 1 in 5 to less. The question everyone is wondering is, Who’s Gonna Be The Class To Win The Free Pizza Party!?! This food drive will last until February 4th. May the best class win.  

People in the club- Frank Espinosea,Alex Lopez, Jonathan Camilo,Jack Gonzalez, Jordan Mass,Michael Flores, Pete Garcia, Grabiel Gomez, Celest Gonzales,Jacob Gutierrez,Dominique Heredia Rodriguez, leslie Kennish, Jennifer Lopez, Marvin Macias, Charles Oakes, Diya Sharma, Amairany Verdin.