How 30 Minutes Could Improve Your Education

Gabriel Alvarez, Staff Writer

In the past I was never in favor of doing homework because I thought I had better things to do. Admittedly, sometimes I was just feeling lazy and deliberately chose not to do it. This way of thinking was not ideal for me. Little did I know I was setting myself up for failure. I’ve gotten this far, but I have a lot of unnecessary catching up to do. So far this year I’m caught up and ready for anything this year throws at me.

For as long as we can all remember we have all been assigned homework. Whether you do it or not, it still affects your grades. Homework is assigned to help students review and comprehend what the lesson is. Students not only learn the lesson but they learn the important and fulfilling life lesson of having a task and a goal to finish by a specific due date. This sets them up later in life for college or even a job. 

I found that the 30 minutes to an hour that I spent immersed in my phone, Netflix, or Xbox I could substitute with homework and it’s more satisfying because I know I am doing something positive and helping myself for the future. I still have time for my phone and Netflix but I try to spend time specifically for my homework with no distractions, I normally get it all done within 15 to 30 minutes. Doing your homework and turning it in can be so gratifying because you know you did something benefiting your future.